|Posted on April 20, 2017 at 1:25 PM||comments (0)|
1. Sugar increses cholesterol and gives you heart disease. Mounting evidence show that it’s the Sugar that raises your cholesterol and gives you heart disease. It is not the Fat. The large amount of fructose can raise triglycerides, small, dense LDL and oxidized LDL( VERY BAD ), raise blood glucose and insulin levels.
2. Sugar is a leading contributor to Obesity in both children and Adults. Sugar lead to decreased satiety and can get people addicted, therefore lose control over their consumption. Studies show a strong statistical association and link between sugar consumption and obesity. It increases abdominal obesity in 10 weeks.
3. Sugar is Addictive. Sugar causes massive dopamine release in the brain. So people who have susceptibility to addiction can become strongly addicted to sugar and other junk foods.
4. Sugar promotes fat. The fructose doesn’t have the same kind of effects on satiety as glucose. A study showed that frucstose drinkers had much less activity in satietycenters of the brain and felt hungrier. Also the study shows fructose did not lower the hunger hormone ghrelin nearly as much as glucose.
5. Sugar drives Inflammation and Cancer. Increased and constant sugar consumption elevates insulin constantly. Insulin is one of the key hormone in regulating cell growth. Sugar consumption is a known driver of inflammation, another potential cause of cancer.
6. Sugar leads insulin resistant Chronic elevated blood sugar can lead to cells becoming resistant to insulin and pancreas can’t keep up with the demand. At this point blood sugar level is very high and type 2 diabetes is made. People who drinks sugar-sweetened beverages have up to 83% higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
7. Added Sugar is high in fructose, turning into fat. Sugars enter our bloodstream from digestive tract as glucose and fructose. Fructose is not produced in our body in any significant amount and there is no physiological need for it. It can only metabolized by the liver in any significant amounts. With a little bit of fructose, it will be turned into glycogen and stored in the liver until we need it. However with fructose overload, the liver is force to turn fructose into fat. This process can lead to fatty liver if constant eating large amounts of sugar.
8. Added Sugar has no essential nutrients. No proteins, no essential fats, vitamins or minerals in sugar. Just pure energy. Eating up to 10-20% of calorie as sguar or more can lead to major problems and nutrient deficiencies. Also sugar provies energy for bad bacteria in the mouth which is bad for the teeth.